[buckminster-dev] Re: Headless (JUnit) launching

On 09/03/2009 07:44 PM, Achim Demelt wrote:

1) Are there any plans/has there been any discussion about providing JUnit
support as an actor instead of/in addition to a command?

There are no discussions or plans that I am aware of. Personally, I think
that launching is a workspace-related thing and as such, a command is the
best way to handle this. I may be wrong, though...

One possible scenario where an actor would be handy is if you want run tests as part of a Buckminster perform. The JUnit test action would be dependent on the eclipse.build action and run prior to assembling features, sites, etc. One nice thing about that would be that the prerequisites, execution, and the results of the test would become part of the actual build workflow.

We have an executor actor today, capable of running a shell or a bat script. Perhaps a 'launcher' actor could be created that can do that and more?

Carsten, if you feel that there's a need for an actor like that, please enter an enhancement request in the bugzilla and let's continue the discussion there.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top