Re: [buckminster-dev] having new trouble running hello world xml example.

I wonder if the reference to the local rmap needs file:///home/ted/... instead of just file:/home/ted/... Does it work if you use the URL http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/samples/rmaps/demo.rmap ?

- henrik

Ted Kubaska wrote:
I've been running the "hello XML world" example in Chapter 13 of the
Bucky book. Last week it worked fine for me, but today I get the
following error message that occurs when I want to "Resolve and
Materialize" the cquery.

<error message>
Errors and Warnings
E [0001] : Provider eclipse.platform(plugin/org.demo.hello.xml.world):
Missing CSpec source required by component type osgi.bundle
</errormessage>

Here's what I did (which used to work ... I dont think I've changed
anything in my eclipse config ... at least I cannot find a
difference).

I have a project called BuckyXMLdemo which has two files. They are
HelloXMLworld.rmap and new_query.cquery. I dont think I actually need
the HelloXMLworld.rmap because the new_query.cquery has "Use Resource
Maps" checked and points to
http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/samples/rmaps/demo.rmap. I found
out earlier that I could run the example by choosing "Use Resource
maps" and pointing to
file:/home/ted/EclipseProjects/workBucky/BuckyXMLdemo/HelloXMLworld.rmap
.... so in that instance I needed my HelloXMLworld.rmap.

However, today when I "Resolve and Materialize" my cquery, I dont get
those three projects in my workspace, Instead I just get the error
message shown above.

My HelloXMLworld.rmap is just what I copied from
http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/samples/rmaps/demo.rmap.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rmap
	xmlns="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/RMap-1.0";
	xmlns:mp="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/MavenProvider-1.0";
	xmlns:bc="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/Common-1.0";>

	<searchPath name="default">
		<provider readerType="svn"
componentTypes="eclipse.feature,osgi.bundle,buckminster"
source="true">
			<uri format="http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/tools/org.eclipse.buckminster/trunk/org.eclipse.buckminster/demo/{0}";>
				<bc:propertyRef key="buckminster.component" />
			</uri>
		</provider>
	</searchPath>

	<locator searchPathRef="default" pattern="^org\.demo\..*" />
	<redirect href="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/samples/rmaps/dogfood.rmap";
pattern=".*"/>
</rmap>

Here is my copy of new_query.cquery

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cq:componentQuery
xmlns:cq="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CQuery-1.0";
resourceMap="file:/home/ted/EclipseProjects/workBucky/BuckyXMLdemo/HelloXMLworld.rmap">
    <cq:rootRequest name="org.demo.hello.xml.world"
componentType="osgi.bundle"/>
</cq:componentQuery>

Back to the top