[buckminster-dev] Question about VersionSelector and base version number

Hi,

As some of you know, I've been working to refactor the Maven support for
Buckminster to the point where it will resolve artifacts in Maven 2
repositories.

I've been digging through the APIs, and I came across one question: does
the current MavenReaderType support things like
org.eclipse.buckminster.core with a version of 1.0? I see a switch
statement here that handles branch names, tags, snapshots without base
versions, and timestamps. Unless I'm misunderstanding, this leaves out
two cases: the "plain" version, like 1.0, and the snapshot with a base
version, like 1.0-SNAPSHOT.

How would I work with the VersionSelector in these two cases?

BTW, I had to take a little time and put together a small adapter API to
make it simpler to use Maven's own artifact API from within Buckminster
and other third-party apps. This is working now, and has been pretty
thoroughly tested (for its current simple level of functionality)...so
I'm ready to dig into Buckminster's Maven-handling code. So, you're
likely to hear a lot more of these newbie-level questions from me in the
near future! :-)

Thanks in advance,

John

Back to the top