Re: [buckminster-dev] Resolving latest & specified subversion tag

Hi Mark,
You're right. The versoinDesignator is not subject to property expansion. Perhaps it should be. Can you please enter a bugzilla?

Thanks,
Thomas Hallgren

Addleman, Mark J wrote:
I have several CQUERY files that represent the various components of our system. I’d like to have a single CQUERY file per component that references different tagged versions in our subversion repository. I think that means I want to parameterize the rootRequests’s versionDesignator attribute, but I can’t figure out how to get that to work. I’ve tried:

<cq:componentQuery

        xmlns:cq="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/CQuery-1.0";

        xmlns:com="http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster/Common-1.0";

        resourceMap="m365.rmap">

<cq:rootRequest name="m365.messaging.receiver.feature" componentType="eclipse.feature"

        versionType="OSGi"

        versionDesignator="[${version},${version}]" />

        <cq:property key="${version}" value="1.0.0"/>

</cq:componentQuery>

This yields an error saying that “${version}” isn’t a valid OSGi version specifier. That leads me to believe the versionDesignator isn’t doesn’t resolve properties. Is this so? Is this a bug or am I approaching the problem incorrectly? I have a sneaking suspicion that I should be using the RMAP to provide this kind of flexibility.

Back to the top