Re: [buckminster-dev] Making Buckminster understand SVN branching

Mikhail Kadan wrote:
Hi.
Thanks for quick answer.

As I understood, I have to provide list of branch names in advisor nodes to make Buckminster search in this branches.

For example, let's see such repo structure:

-- plA
  -- branches
    -- R1.0.x (<1.0 code here>)
  -- tags
  -- trunk (<2.0 code here>)

So to make Buckminster search for code in trunk AND in R1.0.x branch, I can create advisor node named "plA" with "branch/tag" set to "main,R1.0.x".

Yes. This will make buckminster search the trunk first and if it fails to find it there, search the R1.0.x branch.

Another thing I want to know: is there some naming convention for this branches, to make Buckminster AUTOMATICALLY search code in them, without creating advisor node for this purpose?

Not sure what you mean by automatically here. Buckminster cannot guess what branches you have in mind and in what order they should be searched. You must specify this somewhere. You don't need to do it once for each component of course. You can create an advisory node that matches all components using the pattern '.*'.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top