Re: [buckminster-dev] CVS Authentication

Thomas, sorry by disturbing...

I tryed:

a) using option to JVM, like: -Duser.cvs=claudiocardozo -Duser.password=xxxx in file eclipse.ini; doens't work

b) a properties file, like: (as I know in -Duser.properties format)
cvs.user=claudiocardozo
... doesn't work

c) a properties file, like (dumb way!)
-Dcvs.user=claudiocardozo
... doesn't work

d) a property file, like supplied in cquery
<property key="claudiocardozo" value="xxxxx" />
... doesn't work

I really dont't know where and how put this constants!

Thomas Hallgren escreveu:
Claudio Cardozo wrote:
Thomas Hallgren escreveu:
Hi Claudio,
what happens if you use:

":pserver:@192.168.0.166:/cvsroot/cvsteste,relat/{0}"

it shows a dialog (like the CVS auth dialog), but only password is editable; the user name, not. If it's editable, it's fine!

The prompt that shows up stems from the Eclipse CVS UI. It's not something that Buckminster have control over.

You have two options. Either you supply the credentials in the rmap or you add the CVS repository to your workspace prior to materializing. Buckminster will then find it and use the credentials that you have entered.

Please note that the rmap supports property expansion. You can do things like:

":pserver:${cvs.user}:${cvs.password}:/cvsroot/cvsteste,relat/{0}"

The properties can then be supplied in your cquery or as system properties.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top