Re: [buckminster-dev] Buckminster in headless mode

Hi Adrian,
I think this is because the "eclipse.import" reader expects a site, i.e. a folder that either contains a site.xml file or a features and a plugins folder. You should not have it point into the plugins folder. Try this instead:

    <searchPath name="europa">
<provider readerType="eclipse.import" componentType="osgi.bundle,eclipse.feature" mutable="true" source="true">
            <uri format="file:///shared/eclipse"/>
       </provider>
    </searchPath>

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Adrian Skehill wrote:
Hi Guys,

Sorry to be bothering you again. Thanks to your feedback I've been able to get the IDE builds of the STP sorted. Since I'm looking to replace our build system, I'm working with buckminster to see if it's a viable alternative. Thanks to the excellent wiki content, I've been able to make really good progress.

Now, onto some problems I'm having trying to get the headless side of things sorted out. Here's what I've done so far:

   1. Pulled in the headless product distro
   2. Installed this on my linux machine (ran dos2linux on
      buickminster coz it's a DOS file and wont run) and installed the
      following additional pieces,
      org.eclipse.buckminster.core.headless.feature,
org.eclipse.buckminster.maven.feature, org.eclipse.buckminster.cvs.headless.feature, org.eclipse.buckminster.pde.headless.feature
   3. Modifying the rmap file (see attached) I set up a new search
      path to point to my 3.3 eclipse installation which will contain
      all the plugins I'll need to build the STP.

Running the following command to try and get it materialized: ./buckminster -data /tmp/ws09 resolve file:///shared/buckminster/stp_soas.cquery (same cquery file that Filip just sent me back)

I get the following errors (just a sample):

Provider eclipse.import(file:///shared/eclipse/plugins): No match found for component org.eclipse.ui using version designator [3.2.0 ,4.0.0)

So I think we're back to the qualifier again as the org.eclipse.ui version is org.eclipse.ui_3.3.0.I20070614-0800.jar.

Am I missing anything obvious?

Cheers,
Adrian.