[buckminster-dev] PHP Support

Hi guys

I am taking the liberty of starting a new thread, to summarize what I plan
to do to add support for PHP in buckminister. I will be grateful for any
feedback that you can offer.

Buck already has cvs and svn support that can be utilized by php developers.
I plan to extend the appeal of Buck. to php developers by adding :

a) pear repository support: In the first iteration the pear packages will be
materialized using user's local pear installation (any comments ?).

b) partial pecl repository support: In the first iteration Buck. will allow
users to download and install pecl libraries. In this iteration Buck. will
not deal with building the pecl packages. I would like to know if anyone
feels that we should include the support for installing pre-built pecl
libraries from yum/apt-get for linux and from web-sites (e.g. [1]) for
windows in this iteration itself.

Regards
Atul

[1] http://pecl4win.php.net/list.php