Re: [buckminster-dev] Action output?

So what if we just strip off all fancy stuff that I proposed originally
and just keep a --output command line option to perform? It would then
map to the predefined property 'buckminster.output' for all actions. It
may of course be ignored too, that's up to the actor implementation but
we would establish a little more then just a convention and it would be
a bit more user-friendly.

Yup, sounds good. It's a simple and no-nonsense 'shortcut'. We still need the '--definefile' stuff also for persistence of a set of props, and somehow we'd need to include this prop in that set. Obviously can be as simple as just allowing usage of the 'buckminster.output' prop name...

ken1

Back to the top