[buckminster-dev] Running JUnit Plugins tests in headless mode

I have a series of JUnit plugin tests for a plugin project that resides in my workspace. I can create a JUnit launch configuration for each test and launch it if I'm using the IDE. The result is that Eclipse creates a temporary target environment that includes my plugin and temporary workspace where it executes the test. This is really nice. Now, I would like to do the exact same thing in headless mode.

I already have a functional headless runnable (it includes the headless parts of PDE and JDT among other things) and my first attempt was to create a launch configuration using the IDE and then launch that from my headless runnable. That didn't work since the launch configuration requires the org.eclipse.pde.ui.JunitLaunchConfig in order to run (and that in turn brings in a whole bunch of ui components). Further more, the configuration as such is store in meta-data which makes it less then trivial to store it together with the associated project (in CVS or other repository).

So question is. How do I make this happen? My objective is to run the plugin junit tests, directly from the workspace, during unattended nightly builds. I'm thinking of perhaps creating an ant-task that would simulate a launch configuration but I'm lacking documentation. Ideas, advice, or pointers to relevant code or docs are very welcome.

Kind regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Back to the top