Re: [buckminster-dev] component materialization

Knut Wannheden wrote:
Hi Thomas,

<snip/>
Since a component type just knows what to read and how to map it to a
CSpec I think a binder concept sounds very interesting. Although I
don't quite understand where they'd come in. Would a provider become a
triplet like (component-type, reader, binder)?

Yes, that was my thought too. I considered the idea of implying a binder through the component type but I think that's less flexible.
Today is my last day at work before I go on holiday. But I'd love to
give it a try next year :-)
Great! Here are some classes that might be of particular interest to you when you get started. I think it's better if we continue the dialog off list once you start the actual work.

org.eclipse.buckminster.core.CorePlugin
Contains a singleton pattern for obtaining executable extensions.

org.eclipse.buckminster.core.internal.DefaultBinderService
Does the actual binding today.

org.eclipse.buckminster.core.rmap.Provider and ProviderHandler
The actual POJO that contains the provider info and the associated ContentHandler that takes part when it is parsed.

Additions to the XML element <provider> must be done in the src/xsd/provider-1.0.xsd Schema.

- thomas

Back to the top