Re: [buckminster-dev] some buckminster questions

Hi Ken and Thomas,

Thanks for your replies!

Yes, I must have gotten the previous m2 build. I installed it again
and now everything is peachy!

Here are some comments and questions regarding the dogfood example:

- I had problems with authentication for the Subclipse component.
Eclipse kept prompting me for username and password for CollabNet. I
am not sure now if I ended up using anoncvs:<blank>, guest:guest or my
personal account. Although I got prompted multiple times. Can't
remember now if I checked the "Remember password:" option.

- Why is this following entry duplicated in the rmap? <rm:locator
searchPathRef="org.eclipse.buckminster"
pattern="^org\.eclipse\.buckminster(\..+)?" />

- It would be cool if the materialization could be run in the background :-)

- It would be nice if the reference guide pages (linked to from user
guide) were included in the help index.

- Is it correct that the CSpec for the Buckminster components is
generated based on the OSGi bundle (the META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file)?
And what role do the buckminster.cspex files (the CSpecExtension)
play?

I found the aspec and cspec documents to be an interesting read. Seems
like it might demand a goal-oriented implementation (a la Werkz in
Maven). Anyway, here are some questions and comments to the
aspec/cspec documents:

- I don't quite understand how these two documents relate to each
other. The aspec documents seems to be a copy of cspec with some parts
ripped out and some parts replaced. Is the idea that a CSpec
eventually will contain an ASpec plus dependencies?

- How are the usages of one component going to be lined up with the
purposes of external requirements in other components?

- Do you already know when the new work on actions, requirements, and
usages is going to be available? I couldn't find a project plan or
requirements list online.

Mvh,

--knut

Back to the top