To: "Buckminster developer discussions" <buckminster-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 4:51 PM
Subject: [buckminster-dev] some buckminster questions

Hi all,

I noticed that you released a second milestone for Buckminster not too
long ago. Congratulations! Is there an announcement for it somewhere
to read about the changes?

I try to every once in a while checkout the CVS HEAD of Buckminster
into my Eclipse workspace. Lately I had some problems building the
org.eclipse.buckminster.core project. It requires jars/tada-sax.jar
and jars/log4j.jar on the classpath. Will Buckminster during a build
download these automatically for me? Or do I have to download these
manually?

In the org.eclipse.buckminster project I found an HTML userguide for
Buckminster (which is not the same one which gets installed with the
downloaded plugins). There I read some interesting things about CSpecs
but I was a little bit confused about the terminology used. It doesn't
quite seem to align with what I found in other documents and the code.
For instance this userguide mentions usages and purposes of CSpecs,
which I didn't find anywhere else.

I'd like to try to use Buckminster for our inhouse developed build
tool which is actually in many ways quite similar to the Eclipse build
system. Although we have what I think you in Buckminster call targeted
dependencies and builds. That is essential to us so we haven't been
able to integrate with Eclipse just yet. I'm hoping Buckminster will
provide the required glue :-) Maybe I should also mention that we
build Ada95 code. Although I haven't seen anything in Buckminster that
would conflict with that.

Regards,

--knut