Re: [buckminster-dev] plugin se.tada.util.sax

Hi Knut,
Your ideas are more then welcome and if you at some point would like to contribute, that's great. Especially if you have been involved in solving similar problems before. Buckminster is an off-spring of another company internal project that we discovered raised a lot of interest among our customers (other development shops). It doesn't contain much of the old code but the ideas and concepts all stem from solving real-life problems. So perhaps it's not that surprising that you recognize many similarities.

The se.tada.util.sax plugin is available at tada-sax.tigris.org and you can download the source from the tigris CVS. Use ":pserver:guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs" with password "guest". I think we will include a zipped source with a Buckminster source plugin at some point. The sax utilities are very generic and not intended for Buckminster alone, but I agree, it would be great if it could reside in the Eclipse CVS.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren

Knut Wannheden wrote:

Hi,

I've been working on a project with very similar aims, although, as it's
largely been a one man effort and a company internal project, it's far less
abstract and flexible. Nontheless, I was surprised and pleased by the number
of  similar concepts and ideas. Possibly I'd be able to contribute to
Buckminster at some point.

While browsing the source I noticed that the org.eclipse.buckminster.core
plugin references a se.tada.util.sax plugin (in the MANIFEST.MF file). This
plugin does however not seem to be present in CVS. Would it be possible for
you to make this plugin available (or add it to CVS)?

Regards,

Knut Wannheden