Re: [bpel-dev] Problem - Extending Assign Activity to support E4X

Hi,

I was able to extend the Assign Activity that support for E4X assign. This activity is a separate activity (like pick, assign, for etc.) which can generate following tags.

In <Sequence/> node

<bpel:assign name="AssignE4X">
            <bpel:extensionAssignOperation>
                <js:snippet xmlns:js="http://ode.apache.org/extensions/e4x">
                </js:snippet>
            </bpel:extensionAssignOperation>
</bpel:assign>

and

In <process/> node

    <bpel:extensions>
        <bpel:extension namespace="http://ode.apache.org/extensions/e4x" mustUnderstand="yes"></bpel:extension>
    </bpel:extensions>

I modified the Ecore model and added new EClasses for the activity(AssignE4X, ExtensionAssignOperation, Snippet). Then did necessary changes to the BPELWriter, BPELReader and ReconciliationBPELReader classes to support for the new Activity. Then I designed the UI part for the activity.
And I have designed simple property sheet for that. The text area in the property sheet is a multi-line text box.

property view.png

Now I am looking for Enhance the BPEL validation, because current model's validator does not support <bpel:extensionAssignOperation>. I need your help to fix this validation problem.

Also I tried to enhance the current text box into a _javascript_ editor control, but I wasn't able to do it. Does anyone know any existing JS editor control for eclipse which can use for this?

Your Suggestions are much appreciated...

Hasitha Aravinda,
Undergraduate,
University of Moratuwa,
Sri Lanka.