Re: [bpel-dev] Problem - Extending Assign Activity to support E4X

Looks like this is a problem with the current BPEL Designer model - I don't think it was designed to be able to handle extensionAssignOperation elements and there's quite a bit of plumbing that needs to be added to handle this. Can you create a bugzilla entry so we can track this?

Thanks!

_______________________________________
Robert ("Bob") Brodt
Senior Software Engineer, JBoss Riftsaw
JBoss by Red Hat

Hi,

Currently I am trying to extend the BPEL designer project, that support for "E4X assign"[1].

But I am having a problem, on extending the current Ecore model of the Assign activity to support <extensionAssignOperation>. Because according to the current Ecore model, there should contain at least one <copy />.

But According to [2] there should be either the <copy /> or <extensionAssignOperation />. As I found it's unable to add <extensionAssignOperation> to Assign EClass, when there's already a Copy EReference. Changing the default Assign EClass may increase the workload of the Extension designing part and I want to add this E4X assign activity as a separate assign activity that support only for E4X

But I can't create another Assign Eclass, Because it cause problems when it comes to genmodel.(duplicated "assign"s)

Any suggestions ?

[1] - ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/library/ncstrl.ustuttgart_fi/INPROC-2009-25/INPROC-2009-25.pdf
[2] - http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/wsbpel-specification-draft.html#_Toc143402866

Thank You.

--
--Hasitha Aravinda--