[bpel-dev] What makes 2 element type compatible?

Hi Michael,

Thank you for all your help. From my current school project, I need to understand the assignment and type compatibility. I have a new question.

Example, we have an assigment from a message's part from type element to another message's part from type element. What makes the 2 element compatible?

1. When they (and their children) must have the same element name.
2. Their name can be different but the data type, which defines the elements is the same. Which means their structures "look" the same.
3. Two elements are not required to be compatible at all, because the destination element will be replaced by the source element (replace by element in 8.4.2). If this is right, then 2 very different elements can be assigned, no matter how they are?

Thank you again and again.

Back to the top