Re: [bpel-dev] Xpath or BPEL validation error?

hi Bryan
I also got many this kink of errors too, actually, there are much more bugs in validator than you list below, I have worked on a project that based on the Eclipse BPEL project for a long time, and have some patches for the BPEL Validator issues includes the bugs you list, I would like to report the bugs to Eclipse BPEL bugzilla and attach the patches, if some guys of BPEL team could take a look at it and apply it, it would be great ;) I hope I can help you a little bit if you would like to get any help of the validator.

Denny

Bryan Morenc wrote:
Hi All,

I've been following the Eclipse BPEL Editor for quite some time. Since my project is finally moving from BPEL 1.1 to 2.0 with the ODE engine I can now begin to make use of, and hopefully contribute to, this tool and community.

I followed the tutorial hosted here (Thanks babelfish): http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.se.uni-hannover.de%2Flehre%2Ftutorials%2FBPEL-ODE-Eclipse-Getting-Started.php&lp=de_en&btnTrUrl=Translate> <http://>

Using Eclipse 3.4.2 J2EE distribution and the latest source from CVS.

The editor reports 3 errors and 1 info in the BPEL source generated by the addition of the Assign step.

        <bpel:assign validate="yes" name="Assign">
<bpel:copy> -- Copy rule not checked - from-spec type-of "unspecified", to-spec type-of "<complexType>".
                <bpel:from>
<tns:result></tns:result>
</tns:HelloWorldResponse>
</bpel:literal>
                </bpel:from>
                <bpel:to part="payload" variable="output"></bpel:to>
            </bpel:copy>
<bpel:copy> -- The from-spec of "<complexType>" is not compatible with to-spec of "<complexType>"
                <bpel:from part="payload" variable="input">
<bpel:query queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath1.0"> <![CDATA[tns:input]]> -- XPath expression "tns:input" in <tns:input> is not a LocationPath expression.
                    </bpel:query>
                </bpel:from>
                <bpel:to part="payload" variable="output">
<bpel:query queryLanguage="urn:oasis:names:tc:wsbpel:2.0:sublang:xpath1.0"> <![CDATA[tns:result]]> -- XPath expression "tns:result" in <tns:result> is not a LocationPath expression.
                    </bpel:query>
                </bpel:to>
            </bpel:copy>
        </bpel:assign>

I am able to successfully deploy the HelloWorld process to ODE and it runs successfully without error. So this leads me to believe there is a bug in the validation, not the code generation. I cannot tell if the "from - to spec not compatible" error is a byproduct of the LocationPath expression errors or not. I would love to help provide a fix here to get my feet wet but I'd like a little help determining what's going on and where I might look in the code.

Thanks!
Bryan Morenc