[bpel-dev] OMII-BPEL

All,

I am hoping to get some answers to a couple of questions prior to installing OMII-BPEL.

We are currently using ActiveBPEL and are now considering Eclipse BPEL Designer. It appears that a component such as OMII-BPEL is required to integrate Eclipse BPEL Designer and ActiveBPEL. Is this true?

There is a reference on the OMII-BPEL site that OMII-BPEL distribute the "BPEL Designer ... and a tailored opens ource BPEL engine, ActiveBPEL ..." This seems to indicate that OMII-BPEL has taken Eclipse BPEL Designer and ActiveBPEL and combined the two into another offering?

I haven't found a conclusive answer as to whether OMII-BPEL is open source or not. I was able to find a post from a couple of years ago on these forums that suggest it is open source. But, the OMII-BPEL website suggests. If so, what licensing applies. Does anyone have any info?

Thanks,
Doug

Back to the top