Re: [bpel-dev] BPEL and Semantic Web Services

Hi Bruno,

thanks a lot for your fast response and for your hints!

I had a look at the Grimoires project, but I don't think this is what I need.
The OWL-files describing the Semantic Web Services could just be local
files, which the user selects via a file dialog to load them into the
BPEL editor as a resource like any other WSDL-file, too.

I haven't specified all the details yet, but the probably only
apparent change to the BPEL editor might be an additional activity
called "Invoke Semantic Web Service" which the user can drag into the
visual editor (just like a normal Assign or While or Compensate
activity).

In the properties view of this new activity-type the user should be
able to select the service operation of the semantic web service
description he did load into the BPEL editor
and start an semi-automatic process which determines matching input parameters.

If you switch to the source-mode afterwards, instead of the "Invoke
Semantic Web Service" activity you will see three "standard" activites
wrapped  into a sequence (as described in my first email)
A sequence of:
   1. Assign (which will do a xslt transformation from OWL to XSD)
   2. Invoke (to call the underlying WSDL Web service)
   3. Assign (to convert the result back to OWL)

I just donĀ“t know the BPEL project and EMF good enough to see, where I
should start, which models I have to change (if at all) or if there
even are extension points which I could use to solve my problem
without modifying any files within the BPEL project.

Any comments welcome! :-)

Thanks!

Ralf

Back to the top