Re: [bpel-dev] Resolvers [of Roles] and other things ...

Hi Michal,

IMHO there shouldn't be a problem, but it might be that I have not get your
point correctly. So please let me know if this is the case.

I think the BPEL must import both WSDLs and the WSDL containing the
partnerLinkType (WSDL1) must import the WSDL containing the portType
(WSDL2). The resolution mechanism resolving the portType referenced in the
role must only consider the import in that WSDL and must not consider the
imports in the BPEL.

The BPEL must import WSDL1 because the partnerLinkType is referenced from a
partnerLink. And it must import WSDL2 if the partnerLink is used in one of
the message constructs. This construct MAY reference the portType but it
MUST reference the operation.

So, when the user models the partnerLink and partnerLinkType this must
create an import in the BPEL to WSDL1 and an import in the WSDL1 to WSDL2.
When the user creates the message activity this must create an import in
the BPEL to WSDL2.

I think we should not introduce such a switch. IMHO this would result in a
process which is not BPEL 2.0 compliant.

Best regards/Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

       Thomas Schulze

             Michal
             Chmielewski
             <michal.chmielews                                          To
             ki@xxxxxxxxxx>            "BPEL Designer project developer
             Sent by:                  discussions."
             bpel-dev-bounces@         <bpel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             eclipse.org                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             02.08.2006 04:14          [bpel-dev] Resolvers [of Roles] and
                                       other things ...

             Please respond to
              "BPEL Designer
             project developer
               discussions."
             <bpel-dev@eclipse
                   .org>

I have stumbled on this today and want to make sure that we are straight
on this:

1) When it comes to resolving Role for example (when you have to find a
PortType for it), it is perfectly reasonable that the port type be not
in the same WSDL (and hence definition) as the partner link. It may be
in an imported WSDL, as an example. So the resolve code ought to
consider this ...

2) .... however, in BPEL 2.0,  it is mandated that the import of every
WSDL and XSD be present in the BPEL source file and that transitive
importing or searching not be be done when resolving objects ...

3) .. and doing 2.0 by the book the resolution would have to follow the
bpel:imports from the BPEL file anyway.

which is kind annoying. Our BPEL spec guy here says this is the most
annoying thing about 2.0 BPEL.

So, I wanted to make sure that we make this behavior switchable: on/off.
And in addition, object resolution ought to follow the bpel imports path.

Now clearly, there is an ordering here, so shell we assume that ...
  1) bpel imports are done first
  2) then wsdl/xsd imports if switched on ?

Any comments welcome.

--
Michal Chmielewski, CMST, Oracle Corp,
W:650-506-5952 / M:408-209-9321

"Manuals ?! What manuals ? Son, it's Unix, you just gotta know."