[bpel-dev] Resolvers [of Roles] and other things ...

I have stumbled on this today and want to make sure that we are straight on this:

1) When it comes to resolving Role for example (when you have to find a PortType for it), it is perfectly reasonable that the port type be not in the same WSDL (and hence definition) as the partner link. It may be in an imported WSDL, as an example. So the resolve code ought to consider this ...

2) .... however, in BPEL 2.0, it is mandated that the import of every WSDL and XSD be present in the BPEL source file and that transitive importing or searching not be be done when resolving objects ...

3) .. and doing 2.0 by the book the resolution would have to follow the bpel:imports from the BPEL file anyway.

which is kind annoying. Our BPEL spec guy here says this is the most annoying thing about 2.0 BPEL.

So, I wanted to make sure that we make this behavior switchable: on/off. And in addition, object resolution ought to follow the bpel imports path.

Now clearly, there is an ordering here, so shell we assume that ...
 1) bpel imports are done first
 2) then wsdl/xsd imports if switched on ?

Any comments welcome.

--
Michal Chmielewski, CMST, Oracle Corp, W:650-506-5952 / M:408-209-9321 "Manuals ?! What manuals ? Son, it's Unix, you just gotta know."

Back to the top