[bpel-dev] BPEL xml source structure

Gents,

Couple of things are starting to itch me the wrong way.

1) I know one of the things we had talked about in the past is how we would deal with pre 2.0 bpel sources. I think the way we left it is pre-2.0 bpel sources would undergo an 'import' process to be consumed by the designer. And I think we said that we would only save 2.0 source. I don't have fundamentally a problem with it. I would just like to make sure that 1.x sources can be read *easily* (that is the import ought to be transparent to the user). Much the same way a "Word 97" document can be read but not written. Forcing the user to do a separate "import" experience would be a (-1). I think the import wizard ought to exists, just not be the only way to bring in a pre 2.0 bpel file into our world.

2) The XML bpel source file. I am not a big fan of destructive xml source writes, ones where the source is (re)generated from the underlying (in this case EMF) model. In trying to make the sample/references run through the designer I had encountered that as an issue. A heavily commented source file is re-generated on save with everything being destroyed other then what looked the BPEL code (and reformatted). This just itches me the wrong way. Like I said, it's just an itch now, not a full blown open wound. It's not infected yet either. Just an itch.

Best,

--
Michal Chmielewski, CMST, Oracle Corp, W:650-506-5952 / M:408-209-9321 "Manuals ?! What manuals ? Son, it's Unix, you just gotta know."

Back to the top