Re: [birt-pmc] The BIRT Git repository, issue tracking, and committers

Hi Mike,

We don’t have a lot of changes going on right now but we do have some. The reason there is no activity since June was due to the code changes the we do have being caught in this sync issue. Wayne B has offered to help us do one last sync which will help – it will save us manually re-applying the changes.

Paul.

From: birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:37 PM
To: 'BIRT PMC communications (including coordination, announcements, and Group discussions)'
Subject: Re: [birt-pmc] The BIRT Git repository, issue tracking, and committers

Paul,

I remain confused about one thing. You say “…we decided that we would do check-ins directly to the Eclipse BIRT Git repository. That is our current process.” But there appear to be zero commits since June. That seems awfully odd. The single month of June had 38 commits, for example.

https://git.eclipse.org/c/birt/org.eclipse.birt.git/stats/?period=m&ofs=10

Eclipse BIRT Git repository – For convenience, we had been using a separate Git repository and automatically syncing that with the Eclipse BIRT Git repository on a frequent basis. The goal has always been to ensure that the Eclipse BIRT Git repository was completely up to date and the community had the latest code. When the new CLA process was introduced, our sync process stopped working. Going forward, we decided that we would do check-ins directly to the Eclipse BIRT Git repository. That is our current process. The Bugzilla bugs that are marked as resolved with code changes that are not in Git are ones that got caught in the transition between the sync not working and the revised process. We are reviewing these and will get them sorted out.

Back to the top