From: birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Michael Fox
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 8:39 AM
To: Krishna Venkatraman
Cc: birt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [birt-pmc] Updated BIRT 2.1 Project Plan

I understand the issues around resource constraints, but it just seems strange to me that we would test against tomcat V4.1, skip a very popular 5.0 version, and test again against the current V5.5. Unless there is something here I don't know about, why not drop the V4.1 and test against 5.0.28 and 5.5?  These are the versions Apache recommends.

        Mike

"Krishna Venkatraman" <kvenkatraman@xxxxxxxxxxx>

03/29/2006 06:19 PM

Michael Fox/Lexington/IBM@IBMUS
cc
<birt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject
RE: [birt-pmc] Updated BIRT 2.1 Project Plan

Michael and Scott,

Thanks for the feedback. I believe that we are testing against a specific version of Tomcat 4.1 and 5.5. By listing 4.1.x and 5.5.x we are saying that we expect that BIRT will work fine against all 4.1.x and 5.5.x versions. To address your question about supporting 5.0.28, resource constraints are limiting us from doing that. Additionally, the BIRT runtime will run in both 1.4.2 and 1.5 JVM, so that should not be an issue. I’ve updated the project for Supporting the Enhanced ODA Framework to remove the reference to external connection profiles. This is not going to make it into 2.1. I’ve also added a project for bugzilla ID 126109 based on Scott’s feedback.

Thanks!

Krishna