RE: [birt-news] computed field based on another dataset

This mailing list is intended for notifications to BIRT users about BIRT milestone and stable builds and other noteworthy information. Please post questions to the BIRT newsgroup, which you can access at news://news.eclipse.org/eclipse.birt.

From: birt-news-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birt-news-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Chandrika Chopra
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 1:42 PM
To: birt-news@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [birt-news] computed field based on another dataset

I have to represent the values of a dataset field in percentage. For calculating the percentage i get the total from another dataset.

This worked fine when i used nested queries to represent the data in a table. Now i need to represent the same data in a pie chart.
I would like to set the percent value in the computed column of the dataset. My assumption is that i have to use _javascript_ to do this. I have not used any _javascript_ code so far.

I would greatly appreciate any help on this one.

Chandrika

Back to the top