Re: [birt-dev] Birt books as documentation

I doubt it as there were agreements we had to agree to and the publisher owns the rights, not the authors. But I've been meaning to call some of the folks that wrote those books as it's been a bit since the last time we talked. This gives me an excuse. I'll see what they say.

-John

-------- Original message --------
From: Yair Lenga <yair.lenga@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10/17/22 2:08 AM (GMT-06:00)
To: birt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [birt-dev] Birt books as documentation

Hi,

I have been a long term user of BIRT (from 2002 to 2010), and was forced to move to other solution, as the product went side way under actuate/opentext. Happy to see it coming back, as it was one of my favorites.

question/ideas:

Does anyone know if possible to get the “classic” books posted in electronic version to BIRT site ? That will be a big contribution to users. There are pdf version floating in the internet, but not clear if legal. I can not believe current publisher makes any money, may be possible to open source it.

 I use to have hard copy( but lost it during COVID time when office shut down.). The first one was a life saver.

Yair

Sent from my iPad

Back to the top