[birt-dev] Progress report from the BIRT project

Hi,

We have spent many hours making some good progress this week.

## Overview of all work
https://github.com/eclipse/birt/pulse

## Tests
We were able to resurrect a great number of tests. It looks like we are able to get them all back in working. 4 big test suites are now active with more to follow.

## OOMPH installer
Alexander Fedorov has created an automatic installation script using the OOMPH installer. It works like a charm and enables us to set up a BIRT development environment within a couple of minutes.

Please follow this link and give us feedback. https://www.eclipse.org/setups/installer/?url="">

## Report viewer
The report viewer is still not working but we have made progress here as well. It looks like we are now looking at a missing servlet registration.

## HELP
There are some easy issues waiting. Please use the new installer above, assign yourself to the issue, and give it a spin:

* https://github.com/eclipse/birt/issues/683 -> Upgrade to EPL v2
* https://github.com/eclipse/birt/issues/672 -> move projects to Java 11
* Put installer in the documentation

Back to the top