Re: [birt-dev] Unit tests
  • From: Henning von Bargen <H.vonBargen@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2021 08:55:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=t-p.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=t-p.com; dkim=pass header.d=t-p.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=7CwyueDAV/ITe+8bF2acw5hJ8JsZym/6Q3w6xEqnFDY=; b=S1BIvzD/9l4urPrmJNOXjdeHAwcC6P3kDrdOGD0CqJICSDxvC9PheQ2GVP/40WOXJt92tIlkkKMygBttexov4YPs5OQR1H2KJJwr+xSbpX5gr4gWTmjFYBJJNwOhLi7kugop2iJZhdWcJV02sxVT4MB67MROH8Cktklw8/gzyqBMoLWYZgIiFU8qN2QWA8JKEm6rPMyiq4+oolCmffyq671CKvwjD6D01GLv4k9WgVCqFJoeFv2Kgl3HsOPLn6PKIcPUD7ZE8E3besOhKYmApeEqnrRzfjw1ZPAb99GT7+VyrMPnPCDfLI1LQnjfhuuBUA4ywE4rKtaV6Pg3Dedcow==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=QUsxp5WrWznLnn0UsTqN2XtdlDjld4Sdg3mgVaBC55CuBAi6+gskTGyFse3ru5jOO/YYTGP5lb6+aedCiFuss/+HZ7h2CyI9KBf/qPYh2y1+qnpVt7YCR13djPexIrzZh1b04FHvRnWK3d2G8brXpLMi8e7pibB0PgIaYYYx4bPeURUDnYtwCpSyA/NO0BSnw/nHdBxGpUkk+KhzvYeeAjaAUvy7fl0gBUwvd4oRAlAVDRTqo1N4vDiMpBWfadJs2Ln0zLhRHR5KJFcnBQO6CEX6dXuTF/dK7b75Fe0vsVuc2pot16yVIaqpn0Nxlk/E8Gz+xBUcYdg/v8U4X7O8ew==

Fixing the build and using newer versions of some libraries is somewhat related.
I think fixing the build should be first priority, then we can go and replace libraries with new versions.

Regarding the various targets, my opinion is that the osgi-runtime is not really needed.
This is based on the fact that in our product we are using the birt-runtime (without OSGI) with great success
and the <10  times when I worked as a BIRT coach for other companies they were either doing it the same way or they were using BIRT inside an RCP application.

Henning

PS
Regarding preparing PRs for some bug fixes: I hope I can start with this next week in my spare time.