Re: [birt-dev] Rules for PRs

Yes, the ECA checker that the Eclipse Foundation webmaster installs on our Git repositories checks for both a current ECA and for the signed-off-by requirement. Note that BIRT project committers don't need to add the signed-off-by (I tend to add it to all of my commits just as a matter of practice).

Regarding the 1KLOC IP review check requirement, it's expressed in both the committer guidelines and the handbook.

I tend to agree with your comments regarding generated code. However, in practice it tends to be committers that generate the code and the IP Team review requirement doesn't apply to committers doing day-to-day work on a project.

Asking a contributor to break up changes into manageable functionally-complete chunks for review purposes is completely reasonable. Please do not ask contributors to arbitrarily break up contributions to avoid having to deal with the IP Team.

Send a note to emo@eclipse with a pointer to the problematic pull request and I'll have a look.

Wayne