Improving Build and Debug Instructions ( was Re: [birt-dev] Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, January 22, 2007)

Paul Clenahan wrote:

*/BIRT Build and Debug Instructions/*

Jason indicated that he wants to improve the build and debug instructions for BIRT on the website. He receives a number of questions in this area from the community that he wants to proactively address.

+1. This is great news. Thanks very much for working to address this issue.
Wenfeng and Jason will work offline to improve this information on the website.

Maybe an open discussion on the developer (birt-dev) list will help to get ideas /suggestions from the development community.

I found the mylar project at eclipse has a nice contributing page off their main website . http://www.eclipse.org/mylar/start.php The contributing page gives detailed instructions on build, running tests, how to contribute and submit patches, whats the minimum requirement etc I think if such information is provided for BIRT, it will be very helpful for any potential developer who may be interested in contributing to BIRT.

Thoughts/comments ?

Thanks.
Sunitha.

Back to the top