[birt-dev] Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, July 17, 2006

Title: Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, July 17, 2006

Meeting

BIRT PMC, 10am Pacific, Monday, July 17, 2006

Attendees

Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Scott Rosenbaum - BIRT PMC - Innovent Solutions (www.innoventsolutions.com)
Jason Weathersby - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Mike Fox - BIRT PMC - IBM Corporation (www.ibm.com)

Minutes

EclipseCon 2007

Each PMC has been asked to nominate a representative for the EclipseCon 2007 Program Committee. EclipseCon 2007 (http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/) is March 5 - 8 in Santa Clara.

Scott Rosenbaum will represent the BIRT PMC.

Since we have 5 long sessions, 6 short sessions, 1 demo/panel and 3 tutorials allocated to BIRT, Scott is going to come up with a general proposal on what we would ideally like to see covered. We will then work with the community to encourage people to submit proposals in the various areas.

Charter Standardization

Eclipse planning council is proposing an update to the standard project charter to improve it. Bjorn has sent out a draft for review and feedback, which Wenfeng forwarded to the BIRT PMC. Each PMC member should look at this and let Wenfeng know if there are any issues.

Once the updates have been made to the standard project charter, the BIRT PMC will need to discuss and decide if we want to adopt this revised charter.

New Committers

The following new committers have been proposed and recommended to the BIRT PMC by the BIRT project teams. Following the process laid out in the BIRT project charter, the development team has asked for a vote from the existing committers on the nomination and have received at least 3 positive votes and no negative votes. The nominees have already been active in the BIRT project community:

  • Chao Chen has already been actively involved on the data column binding builder feature and property editor related bugs.
  • Hongchang Lin has already been involved in resolving BIRT 2.1 designer related bugs.

The PMC unanimously approves the new Committers for the project. Welcome on board!

BIRT Project Wiki

Jason is about to start an overhaul of the BIRT Project area of the Eclipse Wiki system. The goal is to move more of the content from the BIRT web pages to the Wiki, particularly for content that changes on an ongoing basis, such as the FAQ. This will make it easier to update and maintain this content, with other committers for the BIRT project being able to make updates.

The first step is going to be setting up the appropriate structure in the Wiki area, and then Jason is going to start by refreshing the existing, and creating new FAQ content.

Jason plans to keep the PMC updated so that they can provide feedback.

BIRT Events

The following upcoming events will include talks on BIRT and/or Actuate sponsored BIRT booths:

Actuate International User Conference on Aug 21-23 - http://www.actuate.com. Agenda TBD but will include talks on BIRT.
EclipseWorld 2006 on September 6-8, 2006 - Cambridge, MA - http://www.eclipseworld.net/ - Two talks (one introduction and one advanced talk).

EclipseCon 2007 on March 5-8, 2007 - Santa Clara, CA - http://www.eclipsecon.org/2007/ - TBD (5 long sessions, 6 short sessions, 1 demo/panel and 3 tutorials allocated to BIRT).

Back to the top