[babel-dev] Re: Identifying (and externalising) untranslated strings

Oberhuber, Martin wrote:
> Hi Sean,
>
> What did you mean by "Preferences Category Name".
> I checked the "Remote Systems" Preferences page, and it is correctly
> externalized:
>
> org.eclipse.rse.ui/plugin.xml
>    <extension point="org.eclipse.ui.preferencePages">
>       <page name="%PreferencePage.RemoteSystems"
>
> org.eclipse.rse.ui/plugin.properties:
>    PreferencePage.RemoteSystems = Remote Systems
>
> Could there be a bug in babel?

(Oops, looks as if I left out "Remote Systems" out of my buglist email.
 It's https://bugs.eclipse.org/261586 )

Martin, thank you for looking at this.  You're right, that looks fine.
(I assume build.properties includes plugin.properties in bin.includes,
and MANIFEST.MF has Bundle-Localization: plugin )

So it looks as if a pseudo langpack is not being generated for that
plugin.   (Or perhaps it is generated, but it wasn't included when I
downloaded the langpacks.)

Perhaps Babel is missing a map file for RSE (just guessing; I can't
access the page http://babel.eclipse.org/babel/map_files.php ).

It's possible that the above link will tell you exactly what's wrong,
assuming you can access it!

Antoine (or anyone!), is there some way I can look up org.eclipse.rse in
Babel, perhaps in CVS, to find out whether it is assigned to a Babel
"project"?

--
Sean Flanigan

Senior Software Engineer