Re: [babel-dev] MySQL "failure" setting up babel environment

Delving deeper into the problem... here is the actual problem with the ENCRYPT mysql function:

"If crypt() is not available on your system (as is the case with Windows), ENCRYPT() always returns NULL."

from: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/encryption-functions.html#function_encrypt

This is a major bug that will really prohibit development from windows based systems.

--------------------------
Matthew Mazaika
IBM Eclipse
1.919.254.6224
Inactive hide details for Matthew Mazaika/Durham/IBM@IBMUSMatthew Mazaika/Durham/IBM@IBMUS

          Matthew Mazaika/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
          Sent by: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

          07/23/2008 03:43 PM

          Please respond to
          Babel committers mailing list <babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

Re: [babel-dev] MySQL "failure" setting up babel environment

I found the problem!!!

After doing some debugging, I removed the "password_hash" from the equation, and just authenticated using the plaintext password and it worked!

Has there been a change in the password hashing function? If so, can we get a new has for "password"?