[babel-dev] Ganymede released

Team,

Now that Ganymede has shipped, I updated the map files for various projects that were previously pointing to CVS HEAD, to now point to the appropriate release tag.

For Eclipse Classic, this is R3_4. For WTP 3.0, this is R3_0 and for CDT 5.0, this is CDT_5_0_0 (and so on). At this point, I could theoretically (but I will not) stop the nightly maps processor job, as the map files, and the .properties files that they refer to, will no longer change. The maps processor will essentially have nothing to do until next year's release train is defined in the Babel server, again pulling map files from CVS HEAD.

Although work on Eclipse 3.5 has begun, Eclipse 3.4 (and most other projects) are not yet fully translated, so it would be premature to define the map files for Eclipse 3.5 in Babel. My gut feeling is that we should initiate the new Release Train versions in Babel sometime in March 2009, which is about 3 months prior to their release.

From here, work on bug 293135 that Margaret has opened re: Eclipse 3.4 English .properties files, as that ZIP file no longer needs to be generated from HEAD.

Denis

--
Denis Roy