[babel-dev] Eclipse 3.2 translations imported in the staging area

I reworked the file alignment, and I think I have something very accurate for importing the 3.2 translations.  I haven't looked at any other Eclipse projects other than Eclipse Platform to see how this works, but I can easily re-run the import at any time without disrupting anything..  For accurate file alignment, I split the filename in three parts:

part 1: org.eclipse.ant.ui
part 2: /org/eclipse/ant/internal/ui/AntUIModelMessages.properties
part 3: /AntUIModelMessages.properties

If I can match the full file (preferred), part 1 + part 2 (great) or part 1 + part 3 (good), the import occurs.  Of course, the strings themselves must align too, so even if the files are misaligned (which I doubt should happen), no harm is done as nothing is imported (unless the strings align, which should be incredibly rare).

3.2 -> 3.3.1

About 22,000 translations out of about 56,000 strings.  This is only about 38% for 3.3.1.  I did notice that SWT (among others) has many strings that aren't really translatable, such as those in this file, so I'm sure that's skewing the numbers.
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.swt.tools/JNI%20Generation/org/eclipse/swt/tools/internal/org.eclipse.swt.internal.accessibility.gtk.ATK.properties?view=markup&pathrev=R3_3_1

3.2 -> 3.4

About 22,600 translations out of about 59,000 strings.  This is again about 38% for 3.4.  Again, the high number of non-translatable strings may be skewing the numbers quite a bit, so we may be in pretty good shape despite the statistics.

Go have a look:

    http://babel.eclipse.org/staging/

I've had a look to make sure the import makes sense, and it seems pretty good. This brings the number of records in the 'translations' table from 11,000 to 972,000.

Please have a close look at both the 3.3.1 and the 3.4 translations on the staging site.  I'm planning on running the import into the live database (for both 3.3.1 and 3.4) tomorrow unless someone points out a reason not to.

Thanks,

Denis

--
Denis Roy