[babel-dev] Translations from 3.2 NL packs into 3.3

Hi Kit, All,

I guess there was no meeting this week...

I was wondering if you had made any process in getting the translations from the 3.2 language packs into the babel server?

I have been playing around with our alignment tool and some perl scripts I have written and have managed to get an alignment of the 3.2 NL packs at ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/eclipse//eclipse/downloads/drops/L-3.2.1_Language_Packs-200609210945 and the Callisto source files from ftp://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/eclipse/callisto/releases

This provided about ~360 common files that I was able to align so I may be missing some files that are worth aligning. This gave an alignment of about 115k words.

By leveraging these against the string drop from the Babel server last week I got the following wordcounts:
Total Wordcount        : 197,268
InContext Exact Match  :  93,434
100%  Match            :   6,942
Fuzzy Match (99%)      :  13,910
Duplicates             :  27,235
Untranslated           :  55,734

Of course that still leaves between one and two man months of translation work to be done. Do you think it is worth pursuing this method to get the old translations into 3.3?

Regards,

Daniel.
--
Daniel McGowan