Re: [babel-dev] Eclipse Platform SDK 3.2 translations

There are 47 members on the babel-dev mailing list today. I'd just like to point out that when Mike says "we try an alternative approach", I interpret that as "someone in the Babel community try an alternative approach" specifically, someone in the Babel community investigates the project (e.g. BIRT), perhaps talking to them on the their -dev mailing list, perhaps calling the lead of the phone, asking them for their Europa dot-map file. Once we have the map file, it is for any Eclipse committer to add that to Babel for importing.

At the risk of being too blunt, the "we" in "we try an alternative" has to be more than just the Babel committers or else Babel is just not going to work as a project.  The "we" needs to be "the Babel consuming community"...

Mike Milinkovich wrote:
If they either ignore or reject our overtures, then we try an alternate
approach.

--

[end of message]

Back to the top