Re: [babel-dev] translations for the Eclipse Babel Translation Server

Yes you can have unique translations for each version of a project strings. So it will be 'easy' to import them for just one version without disturbing what has been done already on version 3.4.

gO'

Bjorn Freeman-Benson wrote:
I think we can have both versions of the strings in the database at the same time with different version numbers. I think (correct me if I'm wrong Denis), that the database is designed to have 3.2 and 3.3 and 3.4 and etc strings all at the same time. So we can consider the existing strings as 3.3 strings and then load the 3.2 strings behind them.

Kit Lo wrote:

I have come up with a way to more easily populate the existing Eclipse 3.2 strings into the translation server. I think this will really help to jump start the community translation effort. To minimize the disruption to the existing translations that the community has been contributed since the translation server went live, the import script should skip over any existing translations. Please comment on the idea. If I don't hear any negative feedbacks, I can have the repackaged translations ready soon. What do you all think?

Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead
Eclipse Babel Project Co-lead

[end of message]