[babel-dev] Rushing to release 0

Hello again Bablers,

So things have been moving forward on our (seemingly) never ending task of getting the Babel server up and running. I have updated the queries that insert new translations (sorry Denis I couldn't use your super fancy query). Now you can contribute a translation for a specific version or all versions with the same translations (handles NULL case).

Below is a list of the actions that need to be taken in order to get version 0 of Babel live. As I have said before, once that is done please open up bugs to encourage the perfection of this tool.

We can go over any question people have on the Monday conference call. Hope you had a great weekend.

gO'

BIG TO DO BEFORE LAUNCH:
   EXPORT TOOL:
   -  put export script into CVS (Gabe/Bjorn)
   -  add export script to cron  to run nightly (Denis)
- install JDK on the the vhost so the export script can jar files up (Denis) - output of scripts needs to be logged somewhere on the server for later diagnosis (Denis)
   -  find out where these exports are going to live

   LANDING PAGE (gabe):
   - remove most of the text from home page replace with 3 action points
   - add simple text to help the 3 main  uses of babel
      - consume translations
         - page explaining how to get them and current caveats
      - contribute translations
- login page the explains what it takes and make it VERY clear you use your bugzilla login - need to find out how long it takes from creating bugzilla account to being able to login (Denis)?
      - translate your project
- a place for project leads and other to find out how simple it is to get your project babelized

   ADD MORE LANGUAGES:
   - They are checked into CVS just need to be inserted into the DB (Gabe)
DEPLOY SCRIPT: - need a simple way to get the staging server code/database live on babel.eclipse.org (Denis) ADD BABEL HEADER
   - need to find that nice header graphic that was made and use it!

Back to the top