RE: [atf-dev] ATF: web browser tools

And, don't forget, at least in the US there is sort of a negative
connotation to ATF being commonly used to refer to a
department of the US Treasury: Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms.

"Philippe Ombredanne" <pombredanne@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/11/2007 02:39 PM

Please respond to
pombredanne@xxxxxxxxx; Please respond to
AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<ian.skerrett@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "'AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion'" <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject

Ian Skerrett wrote:
> IMHO, WBT is too close to WTP. JADE is more specific, sounds cool.
Thanks for the feedback we need the marketing angle.
> Btw, I must have missed it but why are you changing the name?
ATF as a name positively s*****cks.
It has toolkit and framework in its name which is heavy.
It let people believe that this is an Ajax toolkit or frmawork, when
this is in fact a suite of Eclipse-based tools that leverage an embeded
Firefox browser to do cool stuffs such as deeep introspection and
debugging, for any _javascript_ and ajax library.
The name deserves the project badly, IMHO.
And to date only one vote is to keep the old name.