[atf-dev] Browser Window is always disabled when suspended at a js breakpoint

Hello,

Nice job on the current _javascript_ debugger implementation.  Its been awhile since I have looked at it and it now has some really nice stuff in there.  I've been getting up-to-speed with how it interacts with the Mozilla browser when stepping through _javascript_ code.  One thing I noticed is that when you are suspended at a _javascript_ breakpoint, all user-input is disabled for the associated browser window.  I found this in the code at JSDebugThread.java line 485.  In a comment it states that the user is being prevented from further actions within the browser while suspended.

There are 2 questions that I have regarding this behavior, that I would like some feedback on:
  1. What was the reasoning or what discussion led to this policy decision of always disabling the browser window?

  2. Are there any other factors in the _javascript_ debugger that make the window browser being disabled a requirement?
One reason I asked #2 is because, lets say, that I wanted to change it so the browser window is always enabled.  Would there be any side-effects or other consequences of that choice?

Thanks again guys for making this _javascript_ debugger implementation available for us to have these discussions.  I appreciate any response.

Greg

Back to the top