Re: [atf-dev] Setting up AJAX Personalities

What John is describing is the right approach for testing your new plugins. The idea of the Personality Builder is to create Plugin projects in your workspace that you can incrementally edited, ran and tested. In Eclipse you can start a new instance of a eclipse (using the Run/Debug menu) that will contain all the plugins that are in the host Eclipse and also the plugins in your workspace. Use the "Eclipse Application" Launch Type and make sure you set the "Run a product" to " org.eclipse.platform.ide". This new "slave" instance of Eclipse can also start in Debug mode. This far easier that exporting and installing plugins every time you make changes.

It is not after you are sure your plugins are working, that I would then export them and install them into a real Eclipse.

Thanks,
Gino