[aspectj-users] Inconsistent behavior weaving generic abstract classes

I'm getting different behavior when weaving classes depending on my platform -- a compilation error when building on Linux, but successful compilation on Mac.

Source files to reproduce: https://github.com/JonathanMace/AspectJDiscrepancy

To reproduce, build with maven (mvn clean package).  The tests should pass.  For me they pass on Mac and fail on Linux.

The reason for failure is as follows: the class hierarchy is such that an intermediary abstract class should be woven to implement a new interface.  The abstract class successfully has the interface added.  However, on Linux, the method implementations are not added, whereas on Mac they are.

I've tried this on multiple versions of AspectJ (1.6.12, 1.7.3, 1.8.7, 1.8.9) and Java (1.7 Oracle and OpenJDK)

Back to the top