Re: [aspectj-users] Aspects and sources (inpath) in same project

> My question is that would Aspect Build invoke a full build always if I make a change to any aspect?

I can’t recall precisely the state of incremental analysis for aspect changes. Obviously the naive (but correct) approach is to build everything if you change an aspect. There are then optimizations from there:
- did you only change whitespace? Well that doesn’t need recompilation of anything else
- did you change something that doesn’t affect crosscutting? (e.g. method body) that doesn’t need recompilation of anything else.
- etc etc

In a typical project the proportion of aspects is small and you spend more time working on the code affected by them than on the aspects themselves. So that is the case where most effort has been spent - when you are working on regular classes affected by aspects. It does suck when you are needing to work on the aspects.

cheers,
Andy