Re: [aspectj-users] Server slowdown

Thanks Ryan, I found out it was because some code deeper down was creating a parser each time.  I think you might be right as the parser created a hashmap each time.  It's very frustrating this takes over 100 times longer on the server though, the specs are quite similar between my server and laptop.  I'll just have to eliminate the parser from the code somehow.

aplosLogoSmall

A : Aplos Systems Ltd, 17 Carlton Place, Southampton, SO15 2DY.

T : 0800 520 0690

Registered in England, 111 rattle Road, Westham, Pevensey, East Sussex, BN24 5DH; Registration number 6657177

From: aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:aspectj-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ryan Gardner
Sent: 14 October 2014 02:22
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Server slowdown

Are those maps concurrent maps? If not, map resizing of a standard hashmap when being accessed via multi threads can cause CPU spikes like that.

On Oct 13, 2014 5:22 PM, "Anthony Mayfield" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

It's ok, it looks like the issue lies with the code inside the aspect that is getting called.  I'm still not sure why it would take so long on the server and not on my laptop but it doesn't look related to the aspect coding directly,

All the best,

Anthony.

aplosLogoSmall

A : Aplos Systems Ltd, 17 Carlton Place, Southampton, SO15 2DY.