[aspectj-users] ReflectionWorld.resolve(String) and Dynamic Proxy Classes

Hi,

I was going to file a bug about this but wanted to ask first before doing so:

Is there any particular reason that ReflectionWorld.resolve(String) tries to resolve dynamic proxy classes by name? Class.getName() for dynamic proxies always returns $Proxy# and ReflectionWorld can never resolve them which always results in a cantFindType error.

Granted, I can turn down cantFindType to warning, the default in Xlint.properties is error. We're currently experiencing this when Spring goes looking for beans to advise. It runs into a bean that is already proxied (an OSGi service reference) and then blows up.

Thanks,
Dustin Schultz

Back to the top