[aspectj-users] LTW: aspectj 1.7, caching weaving code. Needs clarifications

Since AspectJ 1.7.0+, we can enable LTW byte-code caching by using the 2 system properties :

    -Daj.weaving.cache.enabled=true
    -Daj.weaving.cache.dir=/tmp/aspectj-cache/ ( for DefaultFileCacheBacking implementation )

as bug report says, this caching is interesting, when the cache is filled at the first startup, for the next start-up (faster), and also memory consumption.

I have a request, for the case of changing the LTW Aspect between 2 startup ( development, stressing tests ...) , to have the possibility of cleaning the cache at every start up by adding and coding for example
-Daj.weaving.cache.cleanatstartup=true ( false by default)
Does it make sense ?

I wasted time to find why i raised NPE exception for an old LTW aspect !! Cleaning the cache solved the problem.

Back to the top