Re: [aspectj-users] Post-compile time weaving: howto

> Questions

> In the exported aspect-jar, there are only the .class files of the AspectJ
> project, no .class files for the INPATH-Jar. Should there be other classes,
> from the imported INPATH-jar?

I can imagine 'export jar with AspectJ support' is not totally inpath
aware in the simple case.  But I just tried using it and ticked the
second option 'Export all output folders for checked projects' rather
than leaving the first option checked on the wizard and it worked
fine. My output jar contains woven material from the inpath.

> In the exported aspect-jar there is no jar with the aspectj-runtime
> (aspectj-rt.jar). Should it be there, or how to configure the virtual
> machine to have it?

Usually just put it on the classpath alongside your app (package it
alongside other app libs in your war file, for example).

> Is post-compile weaving the way to do it, or whould I use the Load-time
> weaving?

It is a trade off - loadtime weaving gives you a bit more flexibility
(you can change the aop.xml and restart to add/remove aspects) but you
suffer a startup hit for that flexibility.  Post compile weaving
(binary weaving) doesn't have that flexibility but there is no startup
hit.

Andy.