[aspectj-users] Post-compile time weaving: howto

Hello,

I have a Web application with a Plugin System, which actually runs in a Tomcat. I want to control/change the behaviour of the Web Application. I thought, having the JAR's of the Web Application, it would be no problem to use the Post-compile weaving of the AspectJ.

I tried to weave some classes in a JAR this way (in Eclipse):

  • In the AspectJ Project I added the jar file to the INPATH, where the classes to be woven are.
  • Exported the Project as "Jar with AspectJ support"
  • Deployed the jar file exported at the step 2: No result.

Questions:

  1. In the exported aspect-jar, there are only the .class files of the AspectJ project, no .class files for the INPATH-Jar. Should there be other classes, from the imported INPATH-jar?
  2. In the exported aspect-jar there is no jar with the aspectj-runtime (aspectj-rt.jar). Should it be there, or how to configure the virtual machine to have it?
  3. Is post-compile weaving the way to do it, or whould I use the Load-time weaving?

Back to the top